Professional and Life Experience Make a Difference!
"I love what I do! You are coming to a seasoned therapist with extensive training and life
experience. This is an independent private practice where quality individualized service is the goal."
What about my background? I've been working in the field for more than 20 years and am licensed in Florida as a Mental Health Counselor (FL MH#0002430), have a Master of Science degree in Counseling Psychology, and hold national certifications as a counselor (NCC) and employee assistance professional (CEAP).
- Family, parenting, or marriage issues? Love it! Lisa is currently learning John Gottman's methods. Plus locally, nationally, and internationally, she has participated in and taught many personal growth seminars including parent / family enhancement classes, communication skills, emotional freedom technique (EFT), and meditation.
- Work-related issues? Lisa has been an on-site counselor for Fortune 100 and Federal Government agencies as an Employee Assistance Professional. She knows the insides of corporate life!
- Stuck on a particular issue and just can't seem to make your heart agree with your head? Lisa has advanced training with EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprossessing.) This is really great for trauma, small and large.
- Lisa has published more than a dozen articles in NE Florida. She also published an internet travelogue during a cross-country sabbatical in 2001-2002... the life lessons one learns on the road! "Trust your intuition." "Positive attracts positive." "Shake the dust and move on." "Be compassionate with yourself." "Stewardship." "What a lovely planet we inhabit."
- Lisa works well with women and men, 8-12 year olds are great and she loves helping teens and young adults find their way in life. Her office is not set up for play therapy so she does not work with kids under age 8.
- Lisa's experience is broad brush - domestic violence, suicide hotlines, emergency room settings, community mental health, forensic (criminal) populations, substance abuse, community service coordination, and with the chronically mentally ill.
- Psychiatrists, family physicians and previous clients trust Lisa with their own friends and family when a therapist is needed! All are welcome to an initial visit to see if it is a good match for you. No matter the skill level of a therapist, as in any relationship, therapeutic success often depends on the "fit" so always feel free to discuss this with Lisa...she can refer you on if needed.
While your concerns are taken very seriously, therapy can bring a bit of lightness and laughter to your life. Most people are very comfortable and quickly at ease with Lisa. She is described as an excellent listener and down to earth.
This "small boutique" office is made up of a team of off-location assistants who help make this a great experience for you: Penny at Maher Appointments will schedule and take your calls and Nancy runs a top-notch billing company.
Lisa J Moore, LMHC
2301 Park Avenue, Suite 406
Orange Park, FL 32073